The SIOP ASIA 2019 scientific committee invites the submission of abstracts to be presented as oral and/or poster presentations. Abstracts will be reviewed, and accepted submissions will be published in the congress proceedings. Submissions are accepted online.
- Abstract titles/Categories
- Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatric Haematology / Oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Pediatric Oncology Nursing
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Critical Care and Health Care Medicine
- Pediatric Pharmacology
- Clinical Trials/research
- Late effects
- Stem cell transplant
- Palliative Care
- Supportive care
- Patients Home Care
- Abstracts of research projects previously presented in National/ Regional or International meetings, or published will not be accepted.
- All abstracts must be submitted in clear English Language and submitted electronically.
- There will be four mandatory sections of abstract:
- Material and Methods
- Maximum word count will be 300 words (exclusive of title, authors’ names and key words). Pictures/tablets or graphs are not allowed in abstracts.
- Mention full names of all the authors with their affiliations. It’s the responsibility of corresponding/principle authors to ensure that there is no conflict of interest and all co-authors are in agreement for submission of their study to SIOP Asia 2019.
- Specify the name and designation of the presenting author (if not the principle author).
- Statements like “Results will be discussed” are not acceptable and may lead to a rejection of the abstract.
- Case reports will not be entertained.
- All successful abstracts will be included in electronic abstract book of the conference.
- Travel grants will be offered to Principle Investigators of the best abstracts.
By submitting the abstract, the author confirms and agrees to the following:
- All authors approve submitting this work for presentation.
- The authors have done the work reported in the abstract and take full responsibility for the contents.
- The authors transfer all copyright ownership of the abstract to SIOP ASIA 2019.
- The authors agree to confine their presentation to information in the abstract.
- At least one author will be available to present the abstract if selected for the program.
- The author will immediately notify the SIOP ASIA 2019 scientific committee if they are unable to make a presentation or if the presenting author must be changed.
- The authors guarantee that clinical studies and any animal tests have proceeded with the official permission from the proper authorities.
- All presenters will be responsible for their own registration fees, hotel and travel expenses. We regret that we cannot waive registration fees or cover expenses for any oral or poster presenters except for the winners of travel grant.
What is a speaker permit?
This permit is required for any person who will speak, present or provide a training course during an event in Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
The documents required to process this permit is collected by the conference secretariat and submitted to the relevant authorities for processing.
What are the documents required to process a speaker permit?
For events in Abu Dhabi
1. Biography (minimum 1,500 characters)
2. Passport size photograph
3. Completed ADTCA Form (Please click here to download the form)
4. Scanned Passport copy (must be a scanned colored copy)
5. Visa Page copy (must be a scanned colored copy) for UAE Residents
6. Emirates ID both sides (must be a scanned colored copy) for UAE Nationals & Residents
When do I need to submit the documents to process the speaker permit?
The deadline is published on the conference website’s important dates page.
It is imperative that the documents are submitted to the conference secretariat well before the deadline in order for the speaker permit to be issued in ample time and avoid any delays.
Will I be notified about the status of my speaker permit application?
Applications are submitted for processing after the published deadline of submission of presenter documents. Normally, the permits are processed within 5 – 7 working days.
You will be notified as soon as the speaker permit application has been processed.
Presenters are advised not to make firm purchases of air tickets and/or hotel accommodation until the speaker permit has been issued, otherwise, presenters will be doing so at own responsibility without any financial liability to the conference.
I only have poster presentations. Do I need a speaker permit?
Poster presenters do not require a speaker permit.
Only oral/video/workshop presenters are required to obtain the speaker permit.
Does the speaker permit also serve as an entry permit/visa to the United Arab Emirates?
No. The issued speaker permit is not a visa or an entry permit. Therefore, you must ensure you obtain the necessary visa for your arrival to the United Arab Emirates.
What happens in case the speaker permit is refused.
In case the speaker permit is refused, the accepted oral/video/workshop presentation must be withdrawn from the program unless one of the below scenarios are executed.
Scenario 1: To nominate an alternative presenter who may already have obtained the speaker permit approval and registered to attend the conference.
Scenario 2: To submit the documents for an alternate presenter who has registered to attend the conference. (Subject to conditions)
Scenario 3: The accepted abstract could be re-included in the program as a poster presentation provided the presenter confirms participation as a poster presenter. This will not require a speaker permit.